What information do we collect?
ALMALINUX may collect personally identifiable information from you such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card number (in the case of direct customers) and, if applicable, company names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, credit card numbers or tax ID numbers (collectively, “Personal Information”).
ALMALINUX may collect non-personally identifiable information from you such as the type of browser you use, your operating system, the screen resolution of your browser, your ISP, your IP address, which pages you view on the Site and the time and duration of your visits to the Site (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”). ALMALINUX associates Non-Personal Information with Personal Information if you register with the Site.
If you communicate with us, we may collect information relating to that communication whether it takes the form of email, fax, letter, forum posting, testimonials or any other form of communication between you and ALMALINUX or Submitted by you to the Site (collectively, “User Communications”).
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service
In the context of customer support, your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests.
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide in the application may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your usage, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To distribute marketing and advertising materials
We may contact you with the relevant information about ALMALINUX products and services from time to time. Most messages we will send by email. For some messages, we may use Personal Information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you. If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details. Or you can change your marketing preferences by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology to and then stored into our database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Credit card information is transmitted directly to the payment processor and is not stored on our servers. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Cookies or other tracking technologies?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Do we share any information to outside parties?
- Service Providers
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service, etc. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- With your consent
We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public website. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Legal Disclaimer
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
In the event ALMALINUX is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
Just as we have our rights and obligations to process your personal information, you also have certain rights to process your personal data. These rights include:
- Right of access: In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you may have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not your personal data is processed by us, and, where that is the case, to request access to your personal data. The information about personal data processing includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or may be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. Also, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification: In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to request that we delete your personal data. Please keep in mind that we may keep your personal data if it is still necessary for:
- fulfilling our legal obligation;
- archival, historical, or scientific research or statistical purposes; or
- determination, exercise, or defense of our legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective personal data will be marked accordingly and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to personal data portability: In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or to request the transfer of this personal data to another entity.
- Right to object: If you have given your consent to the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 7 III GDPR, you may revoke your consent at any time in the future. The declaration of revocation must be addressed to us and must be presented in writing or delivered by email or fax.
California Privacy Rights
For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- Your California Rights
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
ALMALINUX does not sell Personal Information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018).
- How to Exercise your California Rights
You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
Please use the contact details below, if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights;
- Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or
- Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
Our Policy towards Children
The ALMALINUX products and/or services are not directed at persons under 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to our merchant partners (third party products or services) on our Site. These third party’s websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these third party websites.
Consent to Our Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing your consent to the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of this Site Information Related to Data Collected through our Products and Services
- Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties:
We may transfer personal data to third-party processor companies (i.e. cloud data and server services) that help us provide our service. Such third party processors are located in, and the transfers are limited to, the United States or countries in the European Union and these processors are controlled by data processing agreements providing the same protections of your personal data.
Almalinux OS Foundation
15068 Blue Bay Cir
Fort Myers, FL 33913